1989-1990 Bonn University, Medical Faculty, Epileptology
1980-1983 Akdeniz University, Medical Faculty, Neurology Specialist
1973-1979 Istanbul University, Medical Faculty
2006-Present Neurology Specialist and Professor of Neurology, Acıbadem University, Medical Faculty, Department of Neurology.
1992-2006 Neurology Specialist, Professor of Neurology, Erciyes University, Medical Faculty, Department of Neurology
1988-1989 Neurology Specialist, Eskisehir Airforce Hospital
1985-1988 Neurology Specialist, Erciyes University, Medical Faculty, Department of Neurology
1983-1985 Neurology Specialist, Antalya State Hospital
Place of Birth: Istanbul
Date of Birth: 1955
Language Skills: English, German
- In 1987, he assumed the title of Associate Professor while he was a Neurology Subspecialist at Erciyes University. After completing his military service in 1988-1989, due to his interest and dedication in epilepsy, he was awarded with epilepsy fellowship scholar by “Michael Stiftung” in Bonn University Epileptology Clinic in 1989-1990. There he has gained experience in video-EEG monitoring, intracranial EEG recording and presurgical evaluation of epilepsy.
- He started to perform presurgical evaluation and epilepsy surgery in Erciyes University epilepsy unit in 1994 with neurosurgery collaboration that could be performed in a few centers throughout Turkey. He has also visited as guest professor Columbia University Comprehensive Epilepsy Center for collaborative studies in 2004.
- He was also assumed with Clinical Neurophysiology Subspecialist title in 2010 due to his previous and ongoing work in the field.
- He is currently the head of Department of Neurology at Acıbadem University Medical Faculty where he began to work in 2006.
- Turkish Neurology Association
- American Academy of Neurology
- International League Against Epilepsy
- Türkiye Klinik Nörofizyoloji ve EEG, EMG derneği