Obstetrics and Gyneacology
Medical School: Hacettepe University, Turkey, 1988
Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ankara University, Turkey, 1993
Fellowship: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Wisconsin, U.S.A., 1992. Gynecologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, U.S.A., 2000
Specialty Focus: Ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, laparoscopy
Dr. Güngör currently serves as the Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Acıbadem Maslak Hospital.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Güngör has attended many courses on colonoscopy, laser laparoscopy and laparoscopic surgery. He is a member of many associations including European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), International Gynecologic Cancer Society (IGCS), American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL), European Society of Gynecologic Oncology (ESGO). Dr. Güngör is also on the National Cancer Advisory Board of Turkish Health Ministry.
1. Ortaç F, Bahçeci M, Salih M, Güngör M, İşcan S, Yavuz H. Myometrial Invasion of Endometrium Cancer Assessed by Transrectal Ultrasonography . Gynecol Obstet Invest 1991; 32 : 115-117.
2. Güngör M, Cengiz B, Turan YH, Ortaç F. Implantation Metastasis of Ovarian Cancer After Third-look Laparoscopy. The Journal of Pakistan Medical Asssociation 1996; 46 :111-112.
3. Güngör M, Vardar G, Bahçeci M, Turan YH, Serel A, Kurtay G. No Incision Transvaginal Retropubic Urethropexy for the Treatment of Female Stress Urinary Incontinence. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery 1996 ; 12 : 1-4
4. Güngör M, Ekici E, Kuşçu E, Arslan S,Danışman N,Gökmen O. The Effect of Intravascular Transfusion for Severely Anemic Fetuses on Umbilical Artery Doppler Flow Velocity Waveforms. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica 1996 ;75 :711-714.
5. Serel A, Güngör M. Urodynamic Evaluation after Endoscopic Modified Bladder Neck Suspension. Urologia Internationalis 1999 ; 62(1) : 17-20.
6. Ortaç F, Güngör M, Sönmezer M. Myomectomy During Cesarean Section. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 1999; 67 (3:189-190).
7. Güngör M,Ortaç F,Cengiz B,Sönmezer M,Demirel C,Gürgüç A. Laparoscopic versus Microlaparotomy or Modern Minilaparotomy Hysterectomy. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery 1999; 15 : 193-196.
8. Sönmezer M, Üstün Y, Güngör M, Ensari A, Ortaç F. Primary carcinoma of the fallopian tube in a 88 years old woman:Review of the literature. Indian J. Cancer 2001;38(2,3,4):61-64.
9. Cengiz B,Demirel C,Dökmeci F,Güngör M,Çanga A,CengizSD. Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy During Vaginal Hysterectomy in cases with Nonprolapsed Uterus: Role of Laparoscopy in a Residency Training Program without much Vaginal Salpingo-Oophorectomy Experience. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery 2002; 18 (3) : 87-92.
10. Sönmezer M, Ensari A, Üstün Y, Güngör M,Ortaç F. Primary malignant lymphoma of the urinary bladder: Presenting as a large pelvic mass. JPMA 2002;52(5), 228-230.
11. Engin Y, Üstün Y, Güngör M, Ortaç F. Ectopic pregnancy after tubal sterilization. J Pak Med Assoc 2002;52(9):428-9
12. Sönmezer M, Güngör M, Cengiz B, Ortaç F. Laparoscopic extracorporeal cystectomy in the management of large dermoid cysts. Gynecologic Endoscopy 2002; Sept (11), 201-204.
13. Üstün Y, Engin-Üstün Y, Güngör M, Tezcan S. Tension-free vaginal tape compared with laparoscopic Burch urethropexy: urodynamic, intraoperative and postoperative outcomes. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 2003 Aug; 10(3) 386-9
14. Yılmazer M, Sönmezer M, Güngör M, Fenkçi V, Çevrioğlu S. Unusually elevated serum carbohydrate antigen 125 (CA125) and CA 19-9 levels as a result of unruptured bilateral endometrioma. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynecol 2003 Aug; 43(4) : 329-30
15. Sönmezer M, Güngör M, Ensari A, Ortaç F. Prognostic significance of tumor angiogenesis in epithelial ovarian cancer: in association with transforming growth factor B and vascular endothelial growth factor. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2004, 14(1), 82-8.
16. Güngör M, Sönmezer M, Atabekoğlu C. Laparoscopic management of translocated intrauterine devices perforating the bowel. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 2003 Nov;10(4): 539-541
17. Atabekoğlu C,Sönmezer M,Güngör M,Aytaç R,Ortaç F,Ünlü C. Tissue Trauma in Laparoscopy Assisted and Vaginal Hysterectomy. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 2004;11:467-72
18. Güngör M, Ortaç F, Arvas M, Kösebay D,Sönmezer M,Köse K. The Role Of Secondary Cytoreductive Surgery For Recurrent Ovarian Cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2005 apr;97(1): 74-9
19. Üstün Y, Engin-Üstün Y, Güngör M, Tezcan S. Randomized comparison of Burch urethropexy procedures concomitant with gynecologic operations Gynecol Obstet Invest 2005;59(1): 19-23.
20. Engin-Üstün Y, Üstün Y, Gürgal H, Güngör M. Serotonergic activity and the Beck Depression Inventory in the premenstrual syndrome. J Reprod Med. 2005 May;50(5):327-31.
21. Sönmezer M,TaşkınS,AtabekoğluC,Güngör M, Ünlü C. Laparoscopic management of rudimentary uterine horn pregnancy: case report and literature review. JSLS. 2006 Jul-Sep; 10(3): 396-9.
22. Kahraman K, Özgüven I, Güngör M, Atabekoğlu C. Extremely elevated serum CA 125 level as a result of unruptured unilateral endometrioma: the highest value reported. Fertil Steril. 2007 Oct;88(4): 968; 15-7.
23. Türkçüoğlu I, Tezcan S,Kaygusuz G, Atabekoğlu C, Ortaç F, Güngör M, Kankaya D, Sertçelik A. The role of p53, Bcl-2 and Ki-67 in premalignant cervical lesions and cervical cancer. Eur J Gynecol Oncol. 2007;28(4):290-3
24. Şahincioğlu O, Berker B, Güngör M, Kankaya D, Sertçelik A. Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the Bartholin’s gland: a rare tumor unmarked by persistent vulvar pain in a postmenopausal women. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2008 Feb 19.