Acıbadem City Clinic Tokuda Hospital in Sofia is the largest private hospital operator in Bulgaria including on one location a 550-bed general hospital, outpatient medical center, clinical research center, pharmacy and hospice.
The hospital opened in 2006 as the first private hospital owned by a foreign investor in Bulgaria with 100% Japanese investment. In 2016 Tokuda Hospital Sofia acquired JCI Accrediation (Joint Commission International) which stands for the highest standards in healthcare quality and patient safety.
In 2016, with the acquisition of City Clinic and Tokuda by Acıbadem Healthcare Group, Acıbadem City Clinic Tokuda Hospital started collaborating internationally with Acıbadem Hospitals in 5 countries. This has led to the achievement of scientific results at a high level and, in particular, to the development and integration of scientific research, treatment and training, all aimed to provide excellence in healthcare.
52.000 m² Area
The hospital has a 52.000-square meter building area and is located in the south part of Sofia’s district Lozenetz. Acıbadem City Clinic Tokuda Hospital operates as a multi-profile service in almost all branches of. The hospital has 36 medical departments and 22 operating rooms. The intensive care unit consists of 50 beds, 14 of which are for coronary patients, 22 for surgical care, 10 for neonatal care and 4 for intensive care.
Operating as a full-fledged medical facility in all branches of medicine, Acıbadem City Clinic Tokuda Hospital provides a specialized and comprehensive diagnosis and treatment services in the following departments:
– Ophthalmology (Femto Laser and Cataract Surgery, Glaumoca Surgery, Cornea Transplantation, Pediatric Ophthalmology Surgery),
– Orthopedics (Joint Replacement, Scoliosis surgery, Reconstructive Trauma Surgery, Arthroscopies),
– Neurosurgery (Brain Cancer, Endovascular Surgery for Brain Aneurysms, Pediatric Neurosurgery),
– Liver, Biliary, Pancreatic Surgery (Surgical Oncology and Liver Transplantation),
– Laparoscopic And Minimally Invasive Surgery, Thoracic Surgery,
– Endourology, (Prostate and Kidney Cancer, Kidney Stones, Urinary Tract Cyst),
– Obstetrics (including High-risk pregnancies follow-up),
– Physical Therapy (including Schroth therapy for scoliosis),
– Dermatology, (Dermatosurgery, Skin cancer center, Pediatric Dermatology),
– Pediatrics (including specialties such as Gastroenterology, Neurology, Pediatric Surgery, Pulmonology),
– Gynecology Surgery (Ovarian and Cervical Cancers, Advanced Pelvic Surgery),
– Neonatalogy (Advanced treatment for newborns, Newborn Intensive Care).
Centers of Excellence
The centers of excellence at Acıbadem City Clinic Tokuda Hospital unite a great number of medical fields through departments such as the Cancer, Breast Health, Robotic Surgery, Hearth Health, Comphrehensive Spine Centers and Hemorrhoids and Anorectal Diseases Centers.
The full range of high-tech diagnostic imaging equipment at Acıbadem City Clinic Tokuda Hospital includes Digital Substraction Angiography (DSA), Whole Body MRI, 4D Breast Ultrasonography, EUS (Endoscopic ultrasonography), Excimer Lazer, FEMTO Cataract Laser and da Vinci Robotic Surgery System.